Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Summer Crossing


Summer Crossing
By Truman Capote

I was a bit puzzled when I came across this book at the library last week because I’d never heard of it. Once I picked it up, I realized why. This novel was published posthumously after a box of Capote’s things were put up for auction at Sotheby’s in 2004 – twenty years after Capote’s death.

I really enjoyed this book, mostly because I love Capote’s writing style, but it definitely had an unfinished feel about it. Which makes sense, obviously, since he never intended for it to be published in its present form. If you like Capote already you’ll enjoy Summer Crossing, but if you are a Capote-virgin, I’d recommend starting with something else (maybe In Cold Blood or Breakfast at Tiffany's).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home